Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1fn

GE Ethernet Global Data

4 posts in this topic

I have been able to succesfully read data from producer exchange but when making exchange for I (plc input) the address turns red and kepware does not update tags. Any clue why its happening, i know this red means some violation but what and how to deal with it

If you would give us pertinent details we may be able to help. "Turning red" means little if we don't know what software is turning it red and where in the software. Kepware has very good online assistance, diagnostics and telephone support. If the "Red" is in the hardware configuration of PME, it means that the address(es) chosen is either invalid or already used somewhere else. EGD is very simple but it must have proper data lengths entered for the consumed and produced, double check that one is not set too high or too low for what is actually being sent. Edited by RussB

It turns red in the hardware configuration when using proficy machine edition, problem is that i cant find the overlap as i have checked many times

I had a similar issue when I was using the same IP address for the Processor as I was the EGD information. I could receive all the information I wanted to, but I couldn't send anything out.