Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1fn

GE SNP Communication Configuration

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone help regarding setting up/ configuring SNP communication between plc and opc. We have a CPU350 with CMM311 communication processor. regards

I am sure that someone can help. What is the question? Which OPC server are you using and what port is it connected to also is it RS-485 or RS-232? What cable are you using? There are several ports and cables to choose from with those two devices. You can find some of the pin configurations here: http://forums.ge-ip....60395#post60395 Edited by RussB

I am using kepware opc. I am not sure about the pin configuration but it's the same cable through which i was able to retrieve data from cpu 350 using port 2 of cmm311 but that i did using GE CCM driver now i have to do the same using snp driver but kepware is showing error message " device with ID 1 not responding" any idea where is the fault? parameters are same in opc and cmm besides i feel there is something wrong with the device ID as there is no option to set device ID in cmm but opc asks for it, by the way thanks for response

IIRC, In some of those older systems the "Device ID" was set for the PLC instead of the port. To do this on the older ones you needed to assign the Device ID to the port on the power supply. This is done in the hardware configuration of the CPU. Confusing isn't it? Also inconvenient (imposable) when one needed two Device IDs. :) Try it, that should work. P.S. If you had asked that right away, you would be done already. ;) Edited by RussB