Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahsan1820

Mitsubishi USB cable for FX series

10 posts in this topic

I have chinese made usb sc09 cable .Installed the driver and assigned the same comm port number to the GX developer as I have in hardware manager after installing the driver but on each and every baud rate in the Transfer setup it gives me the same error as attached in the picture usb cable error.bmp Edited by ahsan1820

I would guess that the problem is either the USB converter or the driver to it. There has been issues with USB->Serial converters in the past, some work and some don't. But since you have a "built-in" converter it's a bit hard to change it with anything other. The easiest is to use the standard SC-09 cable, and purchase converters until you find one that works. Alternatively get a genuine Mitsu approved cable/converter. Could also be the driver for that matter, but again you are stuck with the "default" driver from the cable manufacturer...

kaare_t, I agree fully ! Most USB-RS232 converters are useless, I had problems giving me a blue screen a couple of times per day when I used SC09 with USB converter. Never happened when I used Ethernet communication to the PLC. When it was time to buy a new laptop was the speed not so important, it was if it had a RS232 port or not. While using this laptop with a RS232 port, is it no problem anymore with crashes.

i also have self made SC 09 cable but it is creating problem with one of my PLC to communicate and gives the following error. FX 1s 30 MT.bmp

Your Com port is set to 1, do you really have that address on the USB port you are using? Or do you have a RS232 port on the computer?

yes i have the address COM1 when i connect my usb cable..

In the picture, you have 115.2kbps and you are using a SC-09 cable which indicates a FX series PLC. Which PLC do you use? What are the other settings under "Serial USB" icon? Have you changed parity/stopbit settings also?

As I named the attached picture " FX 1s 30 MT " and no I didn't changed the parity/stop bit settings. By the way I have tried communication on all baud rates Edited by ahsan1820

Well, the FX1S does NOT run on 115200bps, put it to 9600bps and try again. Also double check the bit/parity. Should be 7bits, even parity and 1 stop bit.

Hi Ashan1820 1.you're using China made RS-232 to usb adapter (sc09) in that it was showing the error abnormal cable you had used or the noise,It is due to some wrong hardware configuration on the adapter, i faced the same problem like you in fx1n, that adapter also china make,then i buyed standard sc09 adapter it was working fine. 2.then you tried on self made RS-232 to usb adapter it was showing communication timeout, its means that driver is not supported to the self made sc09 Adapter. So don't waste the time on checking cable's,Its useless. Better way,change to standard SC09 Adapter. Edited by udhaya