Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyMtr

RS Linx Enterprise problem

3 posts in this topic

I'm facing a issue with Factory Talk View ME 7.0 in which I can't create a runtime application from my project to download into a PanelView Plus 1000. During making of the runtime application it gives me this error: "Unable to save RSLinx Enterprise data server information. Would you like to continue creating the runtime file anyway?" I push the "yes" button and at the end of the process the runtime file is not created at all. I have a log file of the process that is attached. Please help. Cehia2013ValidationResults.txt

I have got this error on several occasions with known good communications settings. Each time I was able to get rid of it by rebooting Windows then recompiling my application. I have no idea what causes it but I would suspect something in RSLinx Enterprise has either shut down or become corrupt. If rebooting does not fix it then you may want to reinstall RSLinx Enterprise.

Solve it. Turns out I had to delete RS Linx Enterprise completely from my project and add it again. The old server was done under Windows XP. I was working on Win 7. It was a incompatibility problem I think. I've reinstalled RS Linx Enterprise also before it worked tho. Thank you.