Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris76

Verifying program function FX3S

3 posts in this topic

A newbie here but I just want to make sure I am doing things correctly. I am swapping out an old Mitsubishi FXo-30MR-ES with a new FX3S-30MR/ES. I pulled the program off of the FXo using GXworks and changed the "PLC type" and loaded it onto the the FX3S. I checked the "main" folder and the ladder logic looks identical. So can I assume that the program will work successfully? Also, as long as I load the parameter and program that is all I need? No need to move the device memory over? thanks in advance!

I wouldn't assume anything, but if the programs "look" identical it should, in theory, be the same. Device memory is another story; if there are setpoints or other kinds of data that are used you must copy them to the new PLC, or manually enter them in the new PLC when starting the PLC for the first time. If there's no kind of "adjustable" setpoints or similar, you are good to go.
1 person likes this

Another gotcha is the "latched" or battery backed area. These are most likely different between the two processors, so if you have any data you want to save through a power cycle or be cleared by a power cycle, you'll need to verify this.