Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyMtr

EDS file issue

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have Windows 7 and a 64-bit system on my work laptop and I have a problem when RS Linx is trying to recognize a 1769-L32E processor. When I try to upload the eds file I get a windows registration error code 0x80070002. RS Linx's PLC behavior is that it stays with a question mark and I can't connect to it. I have done already a complete RS Logix reintall with all the features, but no luck. With another laptop it works on win 7 with no probs, meaning I have no eds file problem like on my work laptop. It is obvious that it is a Microsoft Windows problem. A clear image of the error is found on the pdf file attached. Any help will be highly appreciated. eds error.pdf

Which version of RSLinx are you running? I just went to a seminar yesterday that addressed the new EDS file system. You'll want to run RSLinx v3.51 (the presenter said there are issues with v3.6 so you may want to avoid that). There is a group of software products that all have to be updated at the same time because they all use the new EDS database. If you have any of the following versions installed you will want to have all of the following version installed. RSLinx V3.51 Studio5000 V21 RSNetworx V21 FactoryTalk View V7 Also see technote 499727 for more information about the new EDS file system and version compatibility.