Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1fn

GE CCM Comunication

10 posts in this topic

I am reading data from CPU 350 through coproc module CMM311 port 2 and have been able to read I,Q and R values but can't figure out how to address M bits. Can anybody help

The CCM protocol doesn't allow direct access to %M memory. You will have to use ladder logic copy the %M bits you want to monitor to %Q memory.

If your CPU350 and CMM311 are of later version or can be updated to later version, an alternative would be to change to the SNP protocol.

thanks i guess snp allows can i use it for data logging to sql through opc Edited by 1fn

Yes, provided that your data-logging OPC software speaks SNP, it is just another serial protocol. Be aware that there is SNP and SNPx, similar but not exactly the same, you need the same at both ends as in any other serial parameter. Get the documentation relevant to your hardware and OPC software and compare the two. Hardware documentation is here: http://support.ge-ip.com/ Edited by RussB

another problem is that how should i address registers greater than R512, kepware just doesnt allow addressing it , is there any way out ???

You should ask Kepware that question. My guess would be that somewhere in the Kepware setup there is a setting that asks which CPU you are talking to if that is the case try telling it that you have a CPU36x or CPU37x or even a 90-70. It uses the same SNP protocol and has more memory.

If you are asking about how to access %R memory addresses greater than 512 in your CPU311, the answer is that you can't. The highest %R address in a CPU311 is %R512. Your CPU350 supports up to %R9999.

Kepware is responding with standard help documents which i can already access so not a great deal n the plc has a cpu350 with cmm311 and i am reading data through cmm311 port, now another interesting thing that's tapping in my mind continously is that we have a machine with same hardware configuration and using the same port it's HMI(it's an application running on panel pc probably VB or C#) is working fine reading registers greater than 512 address and it can then why cant I or why cant kepware apart from that i like the idea of using different cpu in configuration i ll try n revert back to share the results by the way thanks

Kepware is responding with standard help documents which i can already access so not a great deal n the plc has a cpu350 with cmm311 and i am reading data through cmm311 port, now another interesting thing that's tapping in my mind continously is that we have a machine with same hardware configuration and using the same port it's HMI(it's an application running on panel pc probably VB or C#) is working fine reading registers greater than 512 address and it can then why cant I or why cant kepware apart from that i like the idea of using different cpu in configuration i ll try n revert back to share the results by the way thanks