Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

IFIX / Emulation problems

2 posts in this topic

I have a Logix5000 program loaded in an emulator and I'm using the OPC driver. The topic is setup in Linx properly. My problem is that the only data that is coming through is either a AR or DR. None of the AI, DI, or DA tags are getting data into IFIX. But if I open the OPC Power Tool, the data is good and showing valid numbers that match what is in the PLC. I'm having trouble finding the disconnect between the OPC and IFIX. Any ideas?

here's an idea.....call GE Tech Support....make sure to name your company and if applicable your customer.......giving contact information will help.....GE will make sure all their distributors and outside Technical Support Clients (other Integrators) will get this information......If you are real lucky one of them will contact your customer or your boss and indicate you don't know anything about IFix and they should let you go and hire them.......please get mad if this happens......send a nasty email to GE Tech Support......make sure the email is marked Proprietary Information and such. This email will immediately be made available to the other distributor or integrator. If you are still employed they will march right in and fling a copy of said email on your boss's (or customer's) desk and indicate that GE cannot support someone like you. And you are damaging the project. This should be sufficient to get you either fired or thrown out. Besides being really poorly written s/w, with actually little helpful support, GE is a truly rat infested company. I stopped dealing with them after bad drives they refused to support, plc with s/w from the 1950's, a bad hmi they couldn't figure out, and of course the above problem to boot. Strange but true. If you like doing business with a company that really truly wants you out of business, please continue using GE. They will do their best to oblige you as quickly as they can. bob