Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caverne

OPC Items description

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody ! I have an OPC server (Matrikon OPC server for system manager) giving acces to many points (> 4500 points for each of the 10 power monitors). The problem is when I browse the point with an OPC client like Makitron Explorer, I can see all point with their descriptions. But when I export theses tags to a csv file I got only the full name of the tags, like: .UFPCntWk ...wich mean Under power factor alarm count this week This is realy annoyong to search manually in the description of the tag browser. I'm looing for a way to export in excel the tagname WITH their description. Searching the tags with excel would be realy easier... I already tryed many OPC Explorer like Matrikon Explorer, Kepware Quick Client etc... Any idea ?

After 3 workdays spent on this problem, the solutions went from a good support guy of Software Toolbox. He give me this links: TOP Server DA Client Driver: http://toolboxopc.com/html/opcdaclient.html And 10 minutes after, my problem was resolve!

Thank you for posting the solution for posterity!

Gelecek HMI Components can help you. -You can download a free OPC client. It is very easy. I have seen a new HMI components company. All components are OPC Client too. I mean you can write read bind to OPC Item (PLC address) via these components. I integrated to Visual Studio easily that components and I did not write any code. That company(Gelecek Software) made some videos about usage and demo version of components.. You can try easily. Any way give you some screen of my project... www.geleceksoftware.com Edited by ravenloft12