Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

Connection problem TSX Premium ethernet

6 posts in this topic

Hi, our school got a box of surplus M340 and TSX Premium from a local company, I don't have any detailed info on any of them. When I connect the TSX Premium to my local network, it gets an IP address, and I can ping it, but it will not connect to UnityPro. Error: Invalid address or busy PLC. Looking at the indicators there are a few error lamps, on the CPU TER is lit and ERR, on the Ethernet part (built in ethernet) STS is lit ERR flashing and RX flashing briefly. Also all the IO modules have ERR lit. Is this something that can be sorted with the TXP/IP connection, or will I have to get the adapter for the terminal input. On the same network the M340 seems to be connecting just fine. Until now, I have very little experience with these PLCs, we mostly use Omron equipment at our school. Any input appreciated.... Geir

Could it be a PL7-programmed PLC? Which then Unity would not be able to program it. It might be upgradeable, I never used PL7 so don't know. Is there a webpage on the device to provide some more info?

On the side of the processor you can verify which cpu it is so that you can check if its unity or pl7 processor. First thing you must verify

The label says TSXP573634M Process uny 573x4 ETH. That should be a Unity pro cpu, I think. It was originally installed 2005ish. I have also tried one of the other racks and that behaves exactly the same. We also got some expansion racks, that are not connected now, could that cause this kind of problem? Geir

If you can ping the ip of plc it shouldnt be a problem. Have you entered the plc address in unity pro? Make sure the tick mark is next to plc and not simulator

The problem was the missing expansion rack, once I put the termination plug in the spare X-bus connector on the main rack the ETY port entered RUN mode and started communicating :) Never imagined it would be so vulnerable to an elementary fault :( Geir