Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
travis

Yamaha RCX240 Controller EIP & RSlogix5000 Implicit Messaging

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I got the device EDS and I have added into my I/O Configuration. How can I know what is the value for the service code, class, instance and attribute? Need some guide, thank you.

I did a quick Google and found the attached document. It doesn't really speak to the Rockwell side of the configuration. It would seem that you if you configure your Generic Ethernet template correctly regarding instance, data type and size....then test forcing bits on/off on each side to see that the signal exchange occurs as expected. This is the implicit messaging. Additionally, you might be able to "open" or "view" the eds file in Notepad or Wordpad applications and possible get a better understanding of the mapping. Follow this link My link

With a little quick Googling, I found a User Manual for the robot EtherNet/IP interface: http://www.yamaharobotics.com/Catalog/PDF/CurrentManuals/OPTION_E/EtherNetIP_E_V1.00.pdf The EDS file is printed out in Chapter 6. It doesn't appear to describe any parameters that you could access via Explicit Messaging, which is where you would use the service, class, instance, and attribute values. What exactly do you want to do ?

Just for testing, I want PLC communicate with the robot. Read or send signal.