Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmeherg

RSLINX 3.60

4 posts in this topic

I am having issues with communications every since i upgraded to RSLINX 3.60. I am running it on two different computers that i am having the same issue with. One is Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1(32 Bit) and the other is Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1(64 Bit). When ever i am browsing RS WHO I will get the attached error message and RSLINX will just shut down. The issue is not with every driver or with just RS WHO. It is always just one driver that I am having issues with. There is no certain pattern of drivers that i see this problems in. On my computer with 32 bit Windows 7 I can delete the driver and re-create it and everything is up and running again. I may go another month before i have issues again. The other computer I am running a secondary server of Factory Talk View SE on. Anyone else having this issue or know of any abnormalities with RSLINX 3.60. I have already ask my AB rep and he doesn't know of any issues.

I just recently started having this issue. I have been suspecting the issue has to do with the setup I'm using. We have 2 networks each at 11 facilities. One network is the SCADA network which is common to all the facilities. The other is the PLC network at the individual facilities and cannot be connected to from outside its physical location. 9 of the PLC networks are addressed as xxx.xxx.0.xxx, 2 are xxx.xxx.1.xxx. The PCs at the facilities have 2 NICs, one for each network. My laptop only has one and it is dual hosted. I have to change the secondary address on the laptop to communicate with the PLC network. Up until say 3 months ago, I have only been using the xxx.xxx.0.xxx address with no issues. Once I started spending a lot of time at one of the xxx.xxx.1.xxx locations along with the xxx.xxx.0.xxx locations, this issue has come up. So far, deleting the Harmony files and restarting gets it working again. Sometimes it happens when I change the IP address, sometimes 1 or 2 changes later. No repeating pattern yet. Thought I had something when I changed the IP before doing anything with logix. That's when it popped up 2 changes later. Another thing I am starting to suspect is the laptop has 500 and 5000 on it. I believe it happens most when I have one open one day then work in the other the next. This just occurred to me as I was in 500 on Monday, then today when I tried to connect to a Compact Logix I got the error. 3 months ago is also about the time I got 5000 and installed it, along with RSLinx 3.60, on the laptop. Hmmmm.... Looks like I need to start recording my sequences.

Sometimes the problem is with the harmony files of the rslinx (i had the problem with several versions of rslinx). My solution is a batch-file on the desktop with following text: net stop harmony /yes del "C:\Program files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\Harmony.rsh" del "C:\Program files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\Harmony.hrc" Maybe this helps you too. Best regards, crawler009

In windows 7 the coorect syntax is: .... del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\Harmony.rsh" del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\Harmony.hrc"