Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Discreet Alarm Tags

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am in the process of making a Screen containing Alarms/Messages for a TP170B connected to S7 313 and am using Win CC Flexible. I believe that I have to use a Tag for the Alarm using either Memory addresses or DB addresses, In the programme that came with the machine my plant has just acquired the outputs for the HMI messages are in the form for example. DB7 X7 1 and when i try to put these addresses in to the Symbols table the table does not accept them. Does any one know what Data area they are derived from as I need to use them for Tags for the Discreet Alarms Also does any one know where I can find Bit Lamps for the Screens. I want the Lamps to light up when a sensor is activated. Kind Regards Peter

Hi Peter When entering the tag addresses they need to be for your example DB 7 DBX 7.1 , as for lamps , if I understand you correctly, you could use a circle, once that is placed on your screen in the properties for the circle you will see a section for animations, within that section there is a option for appearance, in there you can define the colours for foreground and back ground also whether they are flashing or not.

Hi Malc, I think my problem is that when I am creating the Discreet Alarm the DB Tags are not displayed. They are in the Win CC Programme Tags but I cant put them in the S7 Programme Symbols so not sure if that affects the Tag selection. In my programme they are down as Boolian Outputs but I gues they are there specifically for HMI Programming in my case. I read that you can drag and drop from S7 Programme to HMI Programme so will try that tonight. Regards

You don't put DB addresses into thye symbol table. To get a symbol representation of the DB, first the DB itself must be in the symbol table, i.e. DB100 = "MotorsDB", then when creating the DB, ensure all bits, bytes, etc in the DB has a symbol, i.e. DB100 0 = Byte = 'Status' 1.0 = Bool = 'Fault' 1.1 = Bool = 'Run' 2 = Word = 'Speed' etc when you put this in the program such as A DB100.DBX1.0, with symbolic representation selected you will see "MotorsDB".Fault So its just the DB that is in the symbol table, the data inside assumes what you call the contents of the DB.

Mant thanks Groo, I think the DB was in the Symbil table because as soon as I changed the Address fom Boolian to Word then I found I could use it for Discreet Alarm Tag. I am trying to make a series of Alarms that the Operators at my plant can use to see faults and then when they appear on the screen to accept them. Is it best to just use Discreet Alarms using the DB outputs from the PLC. I think that you can use an Alarm View Screen but am not sure how the Operators would reset the Alarm would I put a Button on the Screen to reset the fault in the PLC or is it done through the Properties Editor for the individual Discreet Alarm. Regards