Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emach

RSLinx and RSLogix500 issue

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Pro SP 1 machine running RSLinx Classic Lite 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR 3 and RSLogix 500 8.30.01 (CPR 9). I have a 1784-U2DHP (sorry the label w/ the HW revision got peeled off) which I use to talk to a 1747-L541 5/04 processor. I can see the processor in Linx via the -U2DHP but when I launch "system comms" in Logix I cannot access the driver... The U2DHP appears in network list on the right hand list but it doesn't appear on the left side. When I double click on the -U2DHP entry in the available networks list, nothing happens... Grr. I've tried rebooting the laptop and I do see the 5/04 via the U2DHP in Linx... Problem is I have gone online w/ this laptop, U2DHP and SLC in the last two weeks without an issue. I'm not aware of any changes to Linx or Logix500 since that time. I use the same version of Linx to go online w/ a compact logix L32 series via Logix 5000 and Ethernet without any issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, if memory serves correct we do not have 24/7 tech connect contract w/ AB... Trying to get any info before talking to IT and starting the 'round and 'round. Cheer, Emach Edited by Emach

Have you tried to un-check the "Autobrowse" option and then use the "Refresh" button? What is the "AB_DF1-1 Data Highway Plus" driver being used for and how is it configured? DF1 is usually deployed over Serial communications; a DH+ reference is a bit strange.