Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gdalianis

Problem with Ultra 3000 and MPL motor

5 posts in this topic

Hi I would be gratefull if anyone could help me to my problem that I have with a servo motor MPL-B540K and an ultra 3000 drive. The problem that I have is that when I enable the motor the motor starts to rotate, which should normally not to. I have connected to the ultra 3000 with the ultraware software and did the below: - I gave the autotune function to the motor the autotuning is both completed and failed. - On the velocity cotnrol panel at the ultraware no matter what speed i choose as input (0, 5, 100 rpm etc.) when i give the enable command the motor starts to rotate at high speed (1000-2000 rmp) and then it stops while the servo drive gives an error code 24 (velocity error). The volocity feedback seems OK as it is indicating the high speed. - No error appears when I connect to the servo with ultraware and the motor seems to be regognized correctly. Any help would be welcome I am desperate to find a solution and put the machine back to work... Thank you

it sounds like that you have replaced the motor commissioning tests hookup test 1) check feedback direction - rotate the DISABLED motor by hand in the forward direction and watch the feedback increase. 2) Direction check - The motor is given a small current to run forward - check that the feedback is also running forward load test 3) Last check is to perform an auto tune - if a replacement motor then this may not be needed I have seen a motor rotate when enabled because the motor leads were reversed. I have seen a motor rotate when enabled due to feedback wiring incorrect.

It is most likely a position feedback issue; is it a new motor, a known good one or some random used one? Can you confirm the proper connectivity and the functionality of the MPL motor installed encoder? Do you have a replacement motor? I also presume you are trying to performe the motor tuning without any attached and functional control bus and/or master controller. Refer to Appendix C of : http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/2098-in005_-en-p.pdf

Your remarks maybe would be very helpfull to me. You see I did not noticed that the indication of the feedback speed was negative, I will ckeck the wiring right away....

I will double ckeck the cables myself, as I mentioned to the friend before maybe the wiring is wrong.... The motor used to work on this position, it is not a new one.... Yes, nothing is attached on the drive..... Thank you for your reply