Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShaulApto

GE 9030 Uploading

6 posts in this topic

I have a GE 9030 I'm able to go online and upload the Hardware configuration using Proficy Machine Edition but not the Logic. I receive the following message: Error 8097 : Server Error - Transfer Error : Remote disconnect has occurred [ 0x6A][0x02] The selected memory could not be uploaded from the connected device Looking at the Proficy Help I found that this message may be related to communication via Ethernet module ,but in this machine there is not and never was an Ethernet module. The PLC was programmed in 1994/1995. May be someone can help Thanks

It may have been programmed with a version of Logicmaster that is too old for Proficy Machine Edition. Try to get the program from the PLC using Logicmaster. Use the newest version of Logicmaster you can get. I believe the later versions of Logicmaster were compatible with the earlier versions. Once you have managed to get the program out of the PLC, save it with Logicmaster, then try to import the Logicmaster file into Machine Edition. It is also possible that the firmware version in the CPU is too old for Machine Edition. If that is the case, once you get the program extracted from the PLC and opened with Machine Edition you will have to upgrade the firmware before you can send the Machine Edition file to the PLC. For a 90-30 that old, a firmware upgrade means replacing the EPROM chip.

I found a CD of Versapro with LM9030 9.05 inside,I installed it in my laptop running XP without any problem. As you said I uploaded from the 9030 and then imported to Proficy Machine Edition. Concerning the firmware I'm thinking about copying the EPROM from a newer CPU using a EPROM programmer,then replace the old EPROM.Is this correct?

Yes, that will work just make sure that the two CPUs are of the same model (part) number.

To expand on what Russ said, the model number may be something like IC693CPU331K. The key thing you will need to match is the IC693CPU331 part. The firmware from the EPROM in an IC693CPU341 can't be installed in an IC693CPU331. The last character(s) after the "CPUxxx" denote the revision level of the CPU. Thus, the firmware from an IC693CPU331AB can be installed in an IC693CPU331K. You should make some effort to identify the version level you install, like put a sticker with the PROM number you used as the source on the PROM you write to. If your successor is faced with a similar situation in a couple of years, he will thank you for accurately labeling what he is working with.