Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris76

help migrating from FXon to FX3g

2 posts in this topic

hi guys, somewhat of a novice who has been asked my my company to upgrade a machine that has an old FXon-40mr to a FX3G-40M. I have ordered the GX works software and am waiting for it to come. Can someone give ma short primer on how I would do the migration? - I will download the program from the FX0n-40mr and then upload it to the FX3G-40M. Do I need to make changes to the program? - We are using the FX0n-485 ADP communications module for the old PLC. Can I reuse the same module or do I need to order a newer one to work with the FX3G. are there any tutorials or instructions available online? thanks, Chris

Should be no problem. You can't use the FX0N-485ADP on the FX3G you will need the FX3U-485ADP which connects to the FX3G, you'll also need the FX3G-CNV-BD to connect any modules on the left side of the PLC. You probably don't need to make changes to the program - the only thing I can think of without knowing more about the program, what it does, and how it's programmed is maybe the FX0N-485ADP module. Do you have some more information about this, what it does in your application and how it works? When you receive GX Works2 you'll get the latest manuals and guides, which covers both basic and advanced information on how to use GX Works2 and program the FX3G. If you want to be prepared before the sw arrives you could take a look at Mitsu's website, register and download the manuals and guides upfront. If you have any questions during the process just ask us.