Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert_

where connect terminating resistor in a DeviceNet Network?

5 posts in this topic

Hey how about colleagues, I am trying a DeviceNet network of 37 nodes most absolute encoders and I emerged the following question: Where do I connect the terminating resistor on the first side of the trunk?, Can connect to the DeviceNet scanner in the PLC?. Network encoders bring including one dip switch where one can activate the terminating resistor, then I can turn the first encoder resistance?, Because it is clear that the last resistance I can activate it the last encoder , but the first where?. Thanks, I hope your answers

You (almost always) connect the terminating resistors at each end of your bus. This means the first device (slave or master) on the line, and the last device (slave or master) on the line.

but the scanner devicenet is always the node zero, then connect the resistor in the scanner?

Resistors has nothing to do with stations numbers, slaves or masters. You connect one at each end of the physical bus. The purpose of the terminating resistor is simply to avoid echo on the physical line because multidrop lines are multipoint and you can get the electrical signal bouncing back/forth on the physical wire. To avoid this, the terminating resistors will dampen the signal when it reaches the end of the physical wire on both sides.

Yes. A master can be anywhere on a multidrop network. Note that the biasing resistors and the termination resistor are at one physical end, with the other termination resistor at the other end, without regard for where the master is.