Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Uploading from TP 170B HMI Screen

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to up load data from a Simatic TP 170B it is connected to a S7-313 CPU. The programme contained in the HMI is in German and I need to convert to English and download. I have aquirred the CC Win Software but am not sure how to connect. I havegot a USB MPI lead that I use to connect to 313 for programming. Di I connect the lead in to the HMI socket or the S7 313. Ant advice would be nice. I am used to Omron NS Screens so Siemens new to me. Regards Peter

Hi If you have a connector on the PLC with a piggyback connector on it you can connect there, if not then connect to the HMI, however it may not be possible to upload the HMI program if back transfer wasn't enabled when it was down loaded, in which case I think you will need the source code.

Okay thanks Malc, I take it my USB MPI connecting lead is okay.The RS 232 Plug will only connect in to one socket on the TP 170B I tried to connect and Back Transfer last night but commmunications settings must be wrong Would the Baud Rate and addresses of PLC and HMI be stored anywhere. I will consult Win CC documentation I will use MPI Profibus to connect. Regards Peter

Hi Yes you should be able to connect with MPI , if you have Simatic manager open and click on accessible nodes you should see both the plc & hmi and their addresses, at least then you will know that you have access to the HMI

Hello, I understood that your ideea is tool retrieve the application from TP 170, and then you will translate the texts or messages on your PC, after that you will transfer back the application into TP 170. Unfortunately the ideea is not good. Maximum that you can get from Simatic panel is a compiled back-up copy. That copy is useful for situations when you need to replace the panel with a new one, same model. For the back-up copy you can use Prosave tool from Siemens. Usually is installed with Wincc Flexibile or old Protool software. If you want to translate the text and messages you will need the original project. You will create your version, or you will use function for second language. If you dont have the project for HMI (TP 170), ask to machine supplier to send you. dekor.

Okay, Thanks for your help. I read that if the HMI Screen does not have a Memory Card then you cant Back Transfer. The TP 170B came without a Card so I think that I will have to translate the German Messages etc and create my own Programme. I have ordered a USB-PPI Connection Lead for connecting to the Screen. I have accessed the PLC Programme so know what Inputs to use but not sure of connection Parameters between Laptop and Screen. Regards Peter