mr_electrician

No Online Edits?

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am having troubles trying to figure out why I can not do any online edits with my Q03UDECPU PLC and GX Works 2 software? Any ideas guys?

If you are in monitor (write) mode, you should be able to make your changes and then press shift-F4 to perform an online write. Should be pretty straight forward. Dave

Should be but that's not the case. Won't let me go into online edit mode.

Isn't there an option when installing mitsi software to allow monitoring only. - Or can you edit online with other plc's?

Which mode (simple ladder or structured ladder)?

Structured ladder.

I can monitor and online edit with other plcs in the plant. Same series plc and same software on the same laptop however the only difference is its simple ladder and in GX developer.

In structured ladder you don't do "Live online edit". You edit what you want and then press the "Online Program Change" button (see screenshot)
2 people like this

Have you checked the options menu under tools? Under the Program Common Tab there is an "After Conversion Writing Behavior" where there is a radio button to 'Write during RUN (while PLC is Running).

The topic starter clearly statet that this specific project was structured ladder, so my previous statement still stands. In structured ladder you don't go into "Online Change Mode", you simply change your program and press the button (commits the changes online).

My apologies kaare_t. I read the quote above and asumed my response. My picture attachment above is for GX Developer not GX Works2. But you are correct, online edits for structured programs can only be executed as you described previously in GX Works2.

No problem, don't apologize for trying to help people, just read the posts first and it's a lot easier...

Hi! Now I installed gx works3 , could you tell why the simulation option is hide and how I should enable that simulation option 

kannappan, please make your own posts in the future.  This topic has nothing to do with GX Works3 and simulation, and it's over 3 years old.