Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mykicks69

AJ71UC24 to Keyence CV-2100 Vision Sys.

7 posts in this topic

I have an A3A processor with an AJ71UC24 Comm Module at Head Address H4. We are trying to communicate to and from a Keyence CV-2100 Vision System (RS232C). We would like to know if anyone out there has tied these two systems together. It would be helpful to know Buffer Memory addresses used, (to pass information To and From the AJ71) Communication Specifications, etc... Also, in the CV-2100, there are memory locations that need addressed under the PLC Link Setting. Anyone out there ever ventured into something like this???

The BFM adressing isn't the most difficult part off setting up communications. You need to know the communication protocoll for instance none protocoll, bidirectional mode, computer link...., the baudrate, parity, stop bits. If you're using none protocoll, which i assume you will, you need to decide how you gonna communicate. Maby by receiving a specific amount off caracters or is the answer closed by a CR LF. For the BFM adressing see the manuals of the module. If you don't have the manual i can deliver it to you through our FTP server.

We have the manual and the supplement to the manual for the AJ71UC24. We have set all the dip switches, parity, buad rate etc. to match the manufacturers(Keyence) request. We are using protocol 1 as specified by both manufacturers. (Keyence and Mitsubishi). I believe our problem lies in the settings on the CV-2100 side of the communication loop We also have the CV-2100 manual (which leaves a lot to be desired). It doesn't appear to call out what type of area (Buffer Memory, Data Register (D) , File Register ® or Network Word (W). THere are 4 areas that can be addressed by the CV-2100 to pass and receive this information. Data Memory address, Result memory address, Command memory adress and Command result memory address. We are always finding zeros in all the areas of memory in the PLC

I was using same (or similar) eqiupment in the past. Keyence 751P controller with one or two cameras and RS232 cards on Mitsubishi plc. That should be close enough. For the RS232 part of PLC, you have to set it up for ASCII mode (easy to check if it works with terminal). Manual explains this in detail. Vision system in my case hat to be set up to send results (go to "BIOS" by holding ESC and configure OUT and PORT settings). Teach vision system to give you some results and then issue Trigger command (ASCII message from your PLC). Returned string will contain values of programmed "windows" (in my case that was up to 8 measurements per program).

Panic, Do you have any pertinent Buffer memory locations (AD71) that may need initiated on start up? If so what are they and how did you set them. I have never had this much trouble setting this type of connection before. We use this same concept to talk to PC's (Intellusion Shop Floor Reporting)

I used serial card only few times and only on QnAS PLCs. If you ask me this is probably the most difficult one to handle (well, it's very much like Ethernet card). I think there ware some compatibility notes on AxxxUC24 cards. I am not in the office for the next week and so and even then it might take some time to find the backups of old projects (they don't stay long on a server). I might try to find something similar, maybe like RFID program or barcode scanner. To keep you going here is link to some manuals. I would recommend going through guide book first SH(NA)3510 and making sure you have proper cable (section 3.3) and get ready for communication with PC first untill you get basic send/receive worked out. Btw if you are not familiar with Mitsi manuals you might want to know that very often they use "PC" (programable controller) instead of PLC. There are sample programs (section 6). The SH(NA)3511 manual goes in detail over I/Os and buffers (see section 15). And just in case, give call to Mitsubishi tech support - they might have some sample code too. Good luck...

Got it to communicate !!!! Had to use AnA/AnU CPU Dedicated Instructions Manual (Mitsubishi) #IB(NA)66251 Page #14-35 and 14-36 Plug in the CV-2100 and it communicated instantly. Thanks to all.....M