Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahsan1820

TEST RS view Studio ME application at DH 485 driver

2 posts in this topic

I have to TEST RS view Studio ME application with my SLC 5/04 having channel 0 as DH485 configured. I have done the driver settings as. Serial Dh485 driver in ocal tab Station #4 Max Stat#5 Com port1 Baud 19200 My SLC channel0 configuration is Driver: DH485 Baud: 19200 Node Address: 2 I am using UIC 1747 USB to DH485 converter. BUT no success, please tell me what steps to do. I have stop RS linx classic and also delete all its configured drivers to avoid any conflict.

Are you sure your UIC is com 1? I was using a UIC yesterday and it was coming up as everything except com 1 (depending on the USB pot and PC it was plugged into.) So if that's not it, you may want to check this public tech note out which states the UIC is not supported in RSLinxE (RSLinx Enterprise): https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49919 If you can't get if to work in RSLinxE, you can do the following: 1) Make note of your shortcut name in RSLinx E 2) Remove RSLinxE from your project 3) Add RSLinx Classic to your project (as OPC server) 4) In RSLinx Classic, create an OPC Topic that points to your PLC via UIC, and give it the same name as your RSLinxE shortcut name 5) When your done testing, and want to download to your PVPlus, remove RSLinx Classic, add RSLinxE back in, and recreate your shortcut that same as it was before. Note: I want to add that "confusing things happen" if you have both RSLinxE and RSLinxClassic in the same project at the same time when they both have the same shortcut/topic names! I suggest avoiding this as it can cause many headaches! Hope this helps