Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlascycle

Siemens C230-2 Onsite help in the Midwest USA

5 posts in this topic

I currently have a Machine in my facilty that uses a Siemens C230-2 PLC, Micromaster 440 Main Motor Drive, Simodrive 611 Servo control, ET200S Remote I/O Module, and a MP370 Operator Interface all connected using profibus. Suddenly last week the machine stopped working. The OEM is Located in Europe and although the machine is equipped with a Modem they have not been able to establish a connection to the machine. The OEM is telling me that there is a Profibus error and sent New Profibus connectors in the hopes that the connectors would fix the problem or at least allow them to connect to the machine. this did not work. Shortly after the machine was installed (machine was installed in Late 2007) they sent a modified program on a Siemens SD card and it had been running the program up until the current problem. I can install the original program card that shipped with the machine and I have ProfiBus communication again but there is still a problem with the machine and the still cannot connect. I have the Local TeleCom company coming today to see if there is an issue with the phone line to the Machine but failing that before I commit to having a Tech Travel from Europe I would like to find someone state side to come and directly connect to the machine to help find out what the problem is. Is there anyone in the MidWest area that would have an intrest in traveling to Nebraska to have a look at this? If so Please PM. Jason

JRW, My applogies for missing your response, my spam filter was catching all messages from the forum, do you know if it is possible to have the program copied from the SD card and paste it on a new card?

Yes. That is possible. Just leave the keys folder alone

I am Still Awaiting a response from the OEM, they are Shipping a new SD Card containing the program but I fear that by the time it arrives tomorrow it will be to late to make arrangements to have their tech come to Nebraska. Does anyone have the Scout 4.1.5.3 software that they could format the program onto a card and copy the card and send it to me?