Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

Measurement Systems

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience working with linear measurement systems that would measure distances of up to 30ft with a relatively high resolution. I need to interface with a micrologix PLC to measure the X and Y axis travel of a loading system so I am hoping for something that will communicate direct instead of an analog signal. I need good repeatablility. Thanks

Check out the MTS' Model RF. http://www.mtssensors.com/fileadmin/media/pdfs/R_Series_RF_Flex_Housing.pdf

Thanks, that would work fine but the customer insists on laser measurement. Kind of worked me into a corner on this one. Basically what they are asking is to convert an old hoist system into a large scale pick and place machine. I have to work in the sway of the hoist, although we would convert it to a telescoping rigid assembly to minimize that, and a lot of other factors. Cant Encoder the bridge and trolley wheels due to wheel slip, can't encoder the hoist because it is a chain style and the clutch slip would screw us up.......... With that said, I did find a Banner L-GGAGE LT& series laser sensor that has a 250m range +/- 2mm resolution using a retroreflector with SSI compatibility. I think this is my winner, now to hook it up with a MicroLogix............