Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest balaji

Omron C200h

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am relatively new to this field of PLCs and am working in a plant that uses OMRON C200H PLCs for their testers. I want to know is there a tutorial on the omrons software for this(older version). I had an oppurtunity to see the software but it runs only in DOS mode. I guess it is called LSS. Please help me in this respect. Balaji

Hi balaji; May Gawd help you with LSS - you're going to need it. Back in '85 when LSS first arrived on the scene i bought it and used it for about 6 months before scrapping it in favour of CAPS. A few guys still swear by LSS, but i found it to be the least intuitive software on the planet - and this was back in the DOS days when everybody expected new user interfaces on every package anyway. LSS felt like something 'designed by a committee' (i suspect it was) while CAPS was lithe and quick. As to the C200H being an 'older version' - yes it did come out way back when, but it's function list and memory map seems to have been the foundation for almost every Omron PLC since. If you've ever programmed a late version of Omron's PLCs, the C200H will fit like an old shoe... (ol' timer) Jeff

There is no electronic manual for this 1985 software. I have combined all the technotes that I could find into a single document and I attached them here. Combined_LSS_Technotes.pdf

The following are links to places where you can download working demos of Omron Windows based software. Syswin 3.4 AUTOMATIZACION INDUSTRIAL - Omron Page

How big is that download Jay? And how come we are NOT hosting it? Are you slacking on us or what?

Syswin 3.4 is 4mb. CX Programmer is 42mb. Start the download and make a run to Starbucks.

Jay; The CX site you've posted is in spanish - in a Chilean dialect no less. Before going through the agony of a 42Mb download, could you briefly explain what the demo is? Is it a working copy of CX and if so, what are it's limitations? Thanks, Jeff

Regardless of the site from which it is downloaded, the CX Programmer demo is Omron's latest programming software for all current (not obsolete) PLCs. You will be downloading the actual install software. Entering a Licence Number ------------------------- During the installation, a licence number must be entered. The licence number is supplied with the purchase of CX-Programmer. There are six different licence number types representing six different modes of installation. Upgrade licence numbers are available on request. The six installation modes are: Full (1 User) Installation providing full functionality support for all PLCs. The licence is restricted to a single user installation. Full (3 User) Installation providing full functionality support for all PLCs. The licence is restricted to a three user installation. Full (10 User) Installation providing full functionality support for all PLCs. The licence is restricted to a ten user installation. Junior Installation providing full functionality support for the junior range PLCs only CPM1 (CPM1A, CPM2*, SRM1, SRM1-V2). The licence is restricted to a single user installation. Trial Installation providing full functionality support for all PLCs. Its use is limited to 30 days from time of installation. The licence is restricted to a single user installation. Demonstration Installation providing limited functionality support for all PLCs. If no licence number is entered then CX-Programmer is automatically installed in demonstration mode.