Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

Program Conversion from CPM2A to CP1L

7 posts in this topic

Upgrading from legacy CPM2A to CP1L using CX-One. Any gotchas I should be aware of prior to making this change?? Thnx - B & B

Have not done that conversion with CX-P before. I have sometimes found that some I/O do not get numbered correctly with other conversions - just watch out for that. Make sure CX-P puts everything into the right numbers - usually pretty painless.

Thnx Bob. Will check on I/O mapping when making the conversion!

from memory the system variables like 1 sec timer bitts will convert automatically... ie old 1 sec timer bt 255.02 will convert automatically to CF102. however there is a address allocation for outputs mainly that does not convert automatically... ie CPM2A will start output addressing at 10.00, 10.01 etc.... the CP1L will start output addressing from 100.00, 100.01... there is a quick replace tool that can update the addresses in a couple of clicks..

It should be a straighforward conversion for simple IO, timers, counters, math, logic, etc. The only things that may be different (but not dramatically) are high speed counters, pulse outputs, serial comms, etc. The more 'advanced' items.

There are a few things like DM verse D, also Work bits are different and if you used function 13 or 14 (diff up, dif down) they will not work, just change the bit to a positive or negative edge trigger.

Found this quite helpful guide some time ago. Geir Edited by Geir