nrm13

Conneting to Zebra Printers

5 posts in this topic

I have a CJ2M CPU 31 with built in ethernet and I am trying to send information via ethernet to a TLP 2824 Zebra Desktop Printer. Has anyone had any experience with this I cant seem to get them to communicate. I have set up the Ethernet Settings on the PLC and Printer and I can ping the IP address of the Printer but thats about it. I have been trying to send the information using the @send instruction using D0 as the control word with 0032 0000 1400 0000 stored as the actual control settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

It is my understanding that the port on the CJ2M-CPU3x series support Ethernet/IP and FINS only. I am guessing the Zebra printer is having trouble with either the CIP or FINS headers. If you are looking for "straight" Ethernet communication, you will need to add a CJ1W-ETN21 module. Not really any help, but it may save you some time.

Hi,

I have a similar project to print lable by PLC via Ethernet. I use a CJ1W-ETN21 module but I don't know how write the code of software. I'm not familiar to Omron very well.

Could anybody help me?

Bahman

b.sayahfar

Download the W421 manual and review the section on Socket Services.

That should provide the information you need.

On 7/29/2013 at 0:01 AM, nrm13 said:

I have a CJ2M CPU 31 with built in ethernet and I am trying to send information via ethernet to a TLP 2824 Zebra Desktop Printer. Has anyone had any experience with this I cant seem to get them to communicate. I have set up the Ethernet Settings on the PLC and Printer and I can ping the IP address of the Printer but thats about it. I have been trying to send the information using the @send instruction using D0 as the control word with 0032 0000 1400 0000 stored as the actual control settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

The SEND instruction will use FINS protocol through ethernet, which means the Zebra printer will receive FINS Headers.
I believe you cannot made adjustment so that the printer able to distinguish FINS Headers and actual data.

Your best option is to use the CJ1W-ETN21 as mentioned above since it can send No-protocol Socket Service data