Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reanimator01

Requesting information about SLC 5/03 and Panel view 600 AB

7 posts in this topic

Hi! I just acquired these plc and panel view, and I need to know what hardware and software I´m gonna need for programming. any recommendation? thanks!

You will need RSLogix500 to program your SLC5/03, see picture below. You will need PanelBuilder™ 32 configuration software catalog Number 2711-ND3 to program your PanelView. FYI: the RJ45 port on your SLC5/03 is NOT an Ethernet port its a DH485 port. Hopefully that cable is not connected to your PC's Ethernet port it will damage the port on your PC. The SLC's RJ45 port has 24 votls on one of its pins. You can program the SLC through its serial port with a null-modem cable. If you provide us with the complete catalog number of your PV, someone can help you with the hardware needed to connect to it. Edited by Mickey

here is the data you requested, what hardware I´m gonna need? thank you! Edited by reanimator01

Your PV supports DH485 protocol with a DH485 port. You will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) to connect to your PV. You can get one from your local AB rep or see link for another vendor. http://www.ind-conce..._PLC_Cables.htm Or you can use a memory card to upload/download the program to your PV. See PDF. This is probably the easiest method. Or another method is to use the passthru capability of the SLC5/03, see pdf's for more info on that. You will need a 1747-C10 cable to connect your SLC5/03's DH485 port to your Panelview see PDF for the cable needed. PVMemoryCard.pdf PassthruComm.pdf SLCDF1toDH485PassThru.pdf DH-485 Cables used with SLC-500 processors and the 1747AIC.pdf Edited by Mickey

Thanks a lot!! I will keep you apprised with these little proyect I got, I know it is very simple for some people of these forum, but I hope to learn....

communication with the plc reached!! I used a usb-rs232 cable, then the rs232 cable ( I performed the connection in the db9 connector) the PV 600 is wating,.. I got my firs proyect on Rsview 232.. this is great! thankful to you for all the comments, I will keep you aprised about these topic. Best Regards. Edited by reanimator01