Transistor

RSLogix 5000 - obtaining concurrent license over VPN.

4 posts in this topic

FactoryTalk Activation Manager Version 3.40.00 RSLogix 5000 ver 17 & 19. I have one concurrent license for RSLogix5000 on my activation / license manager back at the office. I'm at home trying to start Logix 5000. The activation manager shows that the license is available. I have path to activation set to 27000@myServerName. (See http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=21500 for info on port number.) If I try to start RSLogix 5000 the splash screen pops up but after a few minutes disappears without saying another word. If I try to borrow an activation through the Activation Manager first I get error RS5000.EXE: The server's activation file does not have the requested activation. Anyone know what's going on? Many thanks.

Prior to upgrading to FT Activation Manager Ver. 3.60, I experienced a variety of issues that Rockwell Support could not help me with. I realize it may be the cheap and easy answer but i would upgrade to the latest version first. Also check that your activation is Available in the list and they are NOT all Borrowed or In Use. Check with the person who manages your server. The activations can be set up with a time limit individually. For instance, our most popular activations have a 14 day limit set on them. If you try to Borrow them for a longer period the error you get (on ver. 3.4) won't necessarily tell you that. I don't remember the exact error you'll get.

Me! I'm trying to borrow for 8 hours. I'll check out an upgrade. Thanks for your quick reply.

HI there, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my dilemma.  I run MWBytes with Cyberghost VPN.  As soon as I upgraded to the Premium version of MWBytes I could not connect to any foreign servers on my Fastest VPN (therefore always being at my 'rea'l IP address)

Edited by AlyssaOween