Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
th1nker

2 instances of Kepware, 1 Omron PLC

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, we have several servers running Kepware monitoring PLCs at several different divisions. Everything worked fine up until we connected a second instance of Kepware to one of our divisions so that we can test changes and simulate them without affecting our database. To clarify, the first instance of Kepware communicates with our database, the second instance of Kepware, which communicates with the same PLCs also communicates with a temporary database used to analyze changes. As soon as we would Start Runtime on the second Kepware, the first would lose connection to all the OMRON Plcs using the FINS Ethernet driver. Since OMRON uses UDP, I'm concerned that it isn't capable of communicating with two instances of Kepware. Do any of you know if it is possible and what a possible issue could be? Thanks for your time! Edit: Just some additional info, both instances of Kepware are running on separate machines, and the errors I got were "not responding" errors. Individually, both kepware instances worked perfectly, but one would always cause the other to stop working properly. I was just informed that were taking an alternate approach. I no longer need this information but do not know how to delete this thread =( Sorry. Edited by th1nker