Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minoo

citect problem

10 posts in this topic

I am currently reviewing the software CITECT 7.1 There are 1 questions I have and I thought whom better than people who may already be using it. how can i reduce variable defined tag in citect by a cicode program ?

For a start Citect V7.1 is now quite old. V7.3 is the latest and has excellent tab pages available - it is really very good and visually pleasing. Suggest you use V7.3. Obviously you are trying to save money. You can place all your digital bits into words in the PLC and then write them to the PLC disk in Citect and extract the bits there. I think that does reduce the tag count but not 100% sure as I always buy a package big enough and do not try to reduce the cost - too limiting and a lot of work to break things down - very time consuming. I imagine it would also be possible to do the same thing with Cicode but cannot help you there.

We have found Ver 7 to be much slower than ver 6. You can use memory tags for screen display and these don't count in your overall license count. I'm the other way on tags, I try and use the minimum. Makes it faster and I then have to double check that I don't have the that already defined. Just recoded software I wrote 10 years ago after it had been played with by the local electricians and I cut the tags from 1130 to 550 with still doing the same thing. Many tag duplications!! I did a rewrite rather than an upgrade as the upgrade didn't work. I basically started from scratch and tested out each bit of program . Ver 7 seems to be 2-3 times slower in writing tags. Busy spending 40+ hours with Citect support to try and get ver 7 to work and be as fast as ver 6 Needless to say, many new issues with the rewrite including when compiling from the Cicode page, the changes not being implemented but, included when from the Graphics page, they are, tagwrites with offsets not working and LongBCD writing rubbish to the PLC's . Hmmmmm. Wallace

Hi Thank you very much, but my budget is limited and now I can not use version 7.3. Do you think a cicode program can do this?

Disk PLC?

A tag is a variable in your PLC that Citect uses. You have to enough tags to cover what you are sending to and receiving data from in the outside world. Cicode is just a language to perform programming functions that you need to do on the Tags before sending them to the PLC's. You can create Local variables tags for displaying calculated data, Sql data etc and use these in the Cicode and these don't count in your overall tag count. Do you have a current Citect license ? Disk PLC? Yep sorry - Older versions used Memory variables, now called Local variables. Edited by marsheng

Digital tags and alarms use 1 tag on your license if reading/writing to a digital bits on your I/O device. You can bundle alarms/tags into a tag with more bits. Then use "labels" to extract the bits for use in the project. I use the LONG data type if my IO Device supports it. This then gives you 32 digital tags/alarms for 1 Tag on your license.

Yes I have been a citect license. In my program I am using the 6292 tag. Cicode program with the limited number of tags and use one each to different time by switch to the tag. but Can you explain more about the label. How can I use it?

Attached is an example of extracting bits from a "Variable Tag" using "Labels" for use in your project.

hi , thank you, It was a very good guidance and I will use this way. but one question : I'm working on reporting information in citect and i want to produce a SQL database file that include time and tag's value. now i defined a device that type is SQL_dev and write a cicode program.when i run the project , Not produce any file. my program and device configure as following : Where do you think the problem is? cicode p.txt