Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smichalo

Programming a bit shift

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I've just downloaded a copy of Sysmac Studio 1.04 and I'm just trying to get myself used to the new Omron software. I have experience programming with CX-Programmer and programmed many bit shifts using this software. For some reason I'm having a brain fart trying to program in the new software. I think it's more related to my unfamiliarity of the software but I have to admit I'm losing my patience. The function I'm using is "AryShftRegister" And this is how I got it configured Shift - Bool - I'm simulating the shift using a flash bit ( This is O.K. ) Reset - Bool - The tag is called Reset ( This is O.K ) In - Bool - The tag is called Reject ( this is O.K. ) Size - I put in UINT#1 I beleive this is to shift one bit at a time ( No error comes up here ) InOut - DWORD - I tried a tag called "dword_test" ( I get an error " DWORD type cannot be converted to 'ANY_BIT[]' Type" ) I tried another tag called "dword_test[0]" ( I get a different error called "The array dimension is not correctly specified" ) I tried many different data types. I also tried creating a global tag none of this worked. I'm a liitle confused with Omron data types. I thought they would be the same as rockwell as they follow the same engineering standard. Again I'll chalk this up to my unfamiliarity of the software but that is why I downloaded it. So I could learn it from the comfort of my couch rather than on the factory floor. Thanks for your help Steve

I use SHL this take up to LWORD 64 bits then i create i datatype tex uShiftregister as UNION add i member tex text as LWORD, add member tex bit as ARRAY[0..63] OF BOOL then create a global variable text as uShiftregister, in program SHL take in parameter text.text and num parameter ULINT#1 fore shift 1 bit and lock at bit text.bit[0] up to text.bit[63] you can se the result sorry fore the bad English Roger

Hi Roger and thanks for the reply. Your solution put me in the right direction. I kept the "AryShftRegister" function but I made these changes For the size I changed that to UINT 16. - This represented the size of shift register ( 16 bit ) I then created a data type called "Shift_Register" Basetype is UNION I created a new member under "Shift_Register" Called "Bit_Shift_Array" with a base type of Array[0..16] of Bool Then under global variables I created a tag called "My_Shift_Register" the data type is "Shift_Register" Which I created earlier. At the "InOut" of the function I put "My_Shift_Register.Bit_Shift_Array[1]. Now when my reject bit goes true Bit_Shift_Array[1] goes true and shifts one bit everytime the shift input on the command goes true. I added this rung of logic: My_Shift_Register.Bit_Shift_Array[6] Shift_Output |--------------------------------| |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------(O)---------| When it shifted to bit 6 in the array the " Shift_Output " would come on. This ended this little exercise and now I'm on to the next challenge. Wow! even with my relatively good english I still managed to confuse myself... No need to apologize for the bad english I got what you were trying to say... I hope this helps someone one day. Thanks Roger Steve

Attached is example of two shift registers in NJ. Both shift registers use a common STRUCTURE that contains a BOOLEAN array of 0-999. The rising edge of the NJ 1 second clock pulse shifts both shift registers. Shifts a single bit Shift0_IN or Shift1_IN if true. Note:- CPU is NJ501-1500 V1.09 using Module Version 1.1.0.80 and Sysmac Studio Version 1.10 Shift_Register_Example.rar

On 9/8/2014 at 2:53 AM, BITS N BYTES said:

Attached is example of two shift registers in NJ. Both shift registers use a common STRUCTURE that contains a BOOLEAN array of 0-999. The rising edge of the NJ 1 second clock pulse shifts both shift registers. Shifts a single bit Shift0_IN or Shift1_IN if true. Note:- CPU is NJ501-1500 V1.09 using Module Version 1.1.0.80 and Sysmac Studio Version 1.10 Shift_Register_Example.rar

Hello

in your post i did not find any attachment!

@mehdi4467 The link was broken due to a site upgrade a while back.  I have fixed it.