Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboy_glb

gx works2 for win7

11 posts in this topic

hello everyone a question about gx works2 v1.77 for win7 bit64 it can not communication from pc to Q plc,one alarm,please see attach file

You should upgrad GW2 to the latest version, Win7 64bit is supported.

My version is 1.77F, it works well in win7 bit64.

Sorry, misunderstood. Can you take a screenshot of your comm settings? Which PLC do you use? What kind of cable do you use?

my plc cpu is q06h,usb cable,my laptop is HP 6470B,no rs232,os win7 bit64, Edited by cowboy_glb

OK Does your laptop recognize the PLC when plugging in the USB cable? In device manager, can you see the Mitsubishi device with correctly installed drivers? Do you have a screenshot of the comm settings in GW2?

my laptop can not recognize the plc when plugging in the usb cable,my laptop can not correctly installed drivers.

Did you try to manually update the device driver from Device Manager? I remember that in some cases you had to manually install the correct driver for the PLC. In Device Manager, install/upgrade the driver - it should be present in the GW2 system folder.

You need to go into Control Panel, then Device Manager, and install the driver for the PLC. Right now it's most likely listed as unknown device. The drivers are on the hard drive, they were put there with the GX Works2 installation. You just need to point it to the right directory when it asks. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitsubishi\Easysocket\USBDrivers This process is explained in the GX Works2 Operating Manual (Common)

I use 1.64S on my Win7-64Bit computers and don't have any trouble. It just sounds like your "Connection Destination" settings are incorrect. Also, look for "Mitsubishi USB GXWorks 2 Windows 7" if you are trying to use a USB connection. The drivers don't get installed correctly, you have to manually do it.