Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ElecPneuGuy

AMCI Resolvers to Profibus

2 posts in this topic

I've purchased a profibus AMCI nexus module so I can get my resolver position information converted to Profibus to communicate with my S7-300 PLC. Has anyone done this before? If so, what documentation did you use/find in order to get everything configured? The AMCI manual of my NX2A4P device has very limited information on the configuration.

Give this a try. 1. With power removed, use the rotary switches to set the station address. The left switch sets the ones digit and the right switch sets the 10s digit. 2.Download and instal the NEXUS Profibus GSD file from the following page of AMCI's website. http://www.amci.com/driverfiles.asp 3. Select the Universal Module under the Anybus Driver. 4. Under the Input Type select a starting address and set the length to 21 words. You will have to sum up the available words and or byte options to equal 21 words. 5. Under the Output Type, select a starting address and set the length to 10 words. As with the input data, you will have to sum up the available words and or byts to equal 10 words. That should be it.