Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Webbs

Trajexia

10 posts in this topic

I have a TJ2-MC64 unit setup with TJ1-DRT in slot 0 and TJ1-FL02’s in Slot 1 & 2. I am using MX2 drives and can only take 0-10V as their reference voltage for control. I am wanting to use the SPEED_SIGN command to allow the 0-10V to be used for both forward and reverse. I have tried using the syntax SPEED_SIGN = ON and the programme compiles fine but when it runs it stops on that line with a “Parameter out of range“ error. Does anyone know the proper location and syntax or use to get this command to work?

I have had a reply from the Australian Omron engineers : With the Speed_Signal parameter, he should type in PRINT SPEED_SIGNAL at his command line to see what comes back. I can think of two causes of this error: i) It's looking for a integer, rather than Boolean condition. He could try SPEED_SIGNAL = 1 (rather than off) at the command line. ii) He's trying to do it when the servo is on. (My guess is that we can't change this one on-the-fly; it's much more of a "set once during power-up" type parameter and don't worry about it after that). He should try and change it when wdog, axis_enable and servo parameters are all off. In both cases, remember to use BASE (x) first to ensure the correct axis is changed. It's interesting that this parameter isn't included in the shell. From what I understand, servos and drives nearly always accept a -10 - 10V signal, which is the default anyway. I had tried all the above before with no joy. I have had a play with the Trio Motion Perfect software and simulator and it had the same issue except i could set it to -1 so will have a play with this tomorrow. Will post if i manage to solve this issue....

Hi I have used the TJ1 system with Flexible axes in 2 applications with inverters, but unfortunately not used the SPEED_SIGN command. Have you configuered the FL-02 ATYPE for servo? To use SPEED_SIGN the ATYPE must be servo(44) You can check this if you type "print ATYPE AXIS(1)" in the terminal. You can also try typing "SPEED_SIGN=1 axis(1)" and then check using the command "print SPEED_SIGN axis(1)"

Thanks for your reply Rickard.... I commissioned the system last night and is now working (other than currently no reverse). I have successfully used a four pole relay to switch the order of the pairs of A and B pulses around so when I set the VDS to run in reverse, switch on the relay and give the Trajexia a forward command the relay delivers the pulses as if its traveling forward and the Trajexia can control the VSD. This option works but adds complexity to the system when the speed_sign command would work nicely. I have defined the ATYPE as 44. I have tried setting the speed_sign both before and after i set up each axis with no joy. I tried speed_sign = -1 and this worked and then print SPEED_SIGN which gave me -1 as per the motion perfect 3 simulator. I was then unable to set it back to zero, when i restarted the controller speed_sign went back to 0. I have just tried SPEED_SIGN=1 axis(1) in the simulator and it gives a syntax error. I have asked Omron if they have made any more progress with their support network.

Sorry i gave you the wrong command before, was a few month i programmed in BASIC code. The correct command should be: SPEED_SIGN AXIS(1)=ON Change the axis number to the corresponding axis. And for the print command: PRINT SPEED_SIGN AXIS(1) I should try this in the terminal window with the system started but with servo=off and wdog=off. Dont trust the simulator, certain functions don't work there. Try it on the real Trajexia.

I have tried several combinations for that syntax and SPEED_SIGN AXIS(1) = ON compiles but the programme stops with the Parameter out of range error. I have our spare Trajexia setup at my desk and have tried all variants of commands but haven't had any success. I have set it to -1 as per the simulator and then cant set it back to Off or 0. I will also contact our Trio supplier and see if they have ever used the command.

Omron has given me the latest firmware version so I will update the unit and see if that makes a difference. Not sure it will as the command was available with the TJ1 unit and in the earlier versions of the TJ2 manuals.

The latest firmware has made no difference so still no further ahead.....

I have had some help from the Australian Omron support and it appears you need to use True (rather than On) and it sets it to -1, which i had found. Checking S_REF_OUT and this gave a -ve number so thought it wasn't working. Today I connected my multi meter to the output and the voltage was -ve without SPEED_SIGN on and then was +ve with SPEED_SIGN set to True (-1). Also the output OUT1 had +24V on it even though the output light wasn't on. It looks like the function is working so will give it a try on Sunday. Australian support is going to check with the UK.....

I have updated the program using SPEED_SIGN = TRUE then tested the system and the motor ran fine backwards. The Australian support is finding out why it can't be reset and why the OUT1 light doesn't come on.