Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hoobs

What does this symbol mean?

5 posts in this topic

I've been through all the documentation I can on CX-Programmer, and for the life of me I can't find out what a small symbol means that has recently appeared on some of my instructions. It looks sort of like a capital 'T', I've attached a small screen capture that shows it. What is this thing? Thanks! -Hoobs WhatIsThis.bmp

Dunno ...... That entry should be the first word of your receive buffer (usually a D register). Maybe it's something to do with the Windows fonts. I have had a few strange things happen with Windows 7? Another thought: Maybe that word contains some non-ASCII value that CXP is trying to display? Edited by Mendon Systems

What is the data type of your D on this instruction? it requires a UINT, it looks like you have a string with the equivalent of ii in ASCII or maybe #6969? The ' ' is how cx-prog denotes "Strings" Edited by RickyQ

I agree with RickyQ. To see if that is correct, hit the Monitor in HEX button and see if you get #6969. Monitor in Hex button: Since it looks like your data type is a string, when you do not have any of the "Monitor in..." buttons checked, it monitors according to the data type of the Symbol. Clicking the Monitor in Hex button forces everything to be monitored in Hex.