Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Studiologe

OSR error in 1762 micrologix1200 cpu

4 posts in this topic

Hello Team First of all Happy Happy Memorial Day, even tho the weather sucks, try to enjoy it. I'm currently using the bad weather to catch up on some of my projects. Here is my Problem that I need your expert INPUT for: Processor: AB MICROLOGIX 1200 Ser C (1762-L40BXB) I have a single PushButton to toggle the Mode from MANUAL to AUTO and I copied my usual Toggle Routine in which works in my other Processors (Micrologix 1000). But here I get the following error: OSR instruction is not valid on the currently selected processor! -> Bul.1762 MicroLogix 1200 Series C(1 or 2 Comm Ports) see attached screenshot. Please advise how I could bypass this error and program the Toggle for my mem-bit differently. Thanks folks

Never mind, just found it. There is another OSR instruction for that type of processor. It just didn't come up, as I copied it from another project. So Solution was, that I had to drag in the OSR instruction while in my current project. Thanks anyways. <CLOSED>

You could have used an "ONS" instruction. Edited by Mickey

well, if you've got it working correctly, don't let this confuse you ... but ... there's a potential "gotcha" in the code that you posted earlier ... first suppose that the system is currently operating in the AUTO_MODE ... specifically, bit/box B3:3/15 has a status of ONE – and the field device (output) O:0/0 is ON ... the sun is shining, the birds are singing, life is lovely ... now suppose that the power to the PLC processor is turned off (example: a plant-wide power failure) ... quick question for you: when the power is finally restored, do you want the system to: (a) RESUME/RECOVER right back into the same AUTO MODE – or (b) do you want the system to always "start up" in the MANUAL MODE after a power failure? if your answer is (b) then your earlier code should work fine ... party on ... on the other hand, if you want the system to be able to "REMEMBER" its previous AUTO MODE setting, then you might want to experiment with the ideas shown below ... TIP: the "retentive" LATCH and UNLATCH instructions will be necessary ... note that since you're apparently using a MOMENTARY pushbutton for your input device, you can PROBABLY do your "start up" testing by just cycling the processor from RUN – to PROGRAM – to RUN ... specifically, you PROBABLY won't need to power down the processor to test the "mode recovery" operation ... on the other hand, if you were using a MAINTAINED contact switch for your input device, then some further discussion might be necessary ... secret handshake: little "surprises" at GO-TO-RUN conditions can potentially wreck a machine – or (worse yet) be dangerous to personnel ... it's always best to be aware of things like this – and to test accordingly before the PLC program is finally accepted ... if you're interested, you can find quite a bit more about this subject in the "Email Quizzes" section of my website ... just scroll down on the "Sample Lessons and Videos" page to find the link ... it's free – and no registration is ever required ... good luck with your project Edited by Ron Beaufort