Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eradicated

CP1-L to CJ2M - how to exchange data over Ethernet?

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone (I am new to this forum)! I am relatively new to the Omron PLC's brand, thus my question may seem trivial. Still, I have to connect two PLC's and establish bidirectional tags exchange between these two (several registers each). Those are CJ2M-CPU32 and CP1L-EM40DR-D, both with built-in Ethernet ports. As far as I'm concerned, in general it is possible to establish such communication either with the help of Datalink (easier way) or via FINS messaging (harder way). I could not find any information whether it is possible to establish Datalink between these two PLC's, maybe because CP1L-E is a relatively new model in this family. I have checked the Omron Network Configurator, however CP1L is not on the list of devices, so I assume it is not available. Could any experienced user help me in this matter? I mean is it possible to establish Datalink between these two PLC's or do I have to implement the date exchange manually in a ladder program with the use of FINS messaging? I would be grateful for any help (any relevant manuals would be of great use too). Edited by Eradicated

I am assuming that by Datalink, you are referring to EtherNet/IP communications. The CJ2M has built in EtherNet/IP, the CP1L-E has built in Ethernet. Standard Ethernet (FINS UDP or TCP only) does not support EtherNet/IP functions. The CP1L-E can exchange data with the CJ2M using FINS communications. To do this, I would recommend the SEND/RECV or CMND commands. The SEND and RECV functions are not very complicated. You can find information on this process in the CP1L-E Operation manual (Cat. No. W516).

Yes, I was looking for a way to establish a communication via EtherNet/IP. I was hoping that there exists some sort of automated solution to do it (without additional PLC code, something like PLC-Link analogy available in serial connections). Since it doesn't I will have to implement a solution based on FINS messaging. Anyway, thank you for your help, I know what to focus on right now :) Edited by Eradicated