Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kku

Omron Function Block Library

7 posts in this topic

Is there a easier way to get details on the built in Omron function blocks? The only way I can see the details is to insert the function block and then select 'FB Library Reference'. It would be nice if there was a reference manual or some other document that lists the available function blocks, inputs, outputs, usage, etc. This way I can avoid having to write custom code or create a non-standard function block. I find it hard to believe there isn't a easier way.

Apparently the function block reference files are kept in the same directory. I should have looked more carefully.

There is a reference list (.html file with links) at the root directory.

There is still an easier way You did not have to do all that looking around. You can access the reference file with the link from CX-Programmer's Help menu as shown below:

Does someone know if it is possible to link a pdf document to a a FB that we created, and acces to it the same way that we do with Omron FB? (right click on FB and click on FB library reference)

This is the first time that I have heard that question asked, so I investigated. The answer is yes. You have to make a pdf with the same exact file name as the function block and put it in the omronlib folder. For the default install location on my PC, that would be in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\CX-One\Lib\FBL\omronlib It can be in the omronlib "root" folder or in any of the subfolders. CX-Programmer finds it when you right click and say FB Library Reference. Of course if you save the FB to a file and then give someone the FB, you will have to also give them the pdf with instructions on where to save the pdf.

Thank you, i appreciate your fast answer. I will try this tomorrow at my job