Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nosveratau

PLC data to PC

2 posts in this topic

Hi All This may be a general question as it may depend on the version of Siemens PLC being used. At the moment I have created a small program that records production from my machines. To do this I used a small USB PC device that attaches to an output on the PLC (from a relay in this case) so when this output actives my program detects this via my device and increases the count on my PC.. Unfortuantly I need to hook up these devices to whatever output i need to monitor and it can become a headache using multiple of these devices. All my PLCs are connected to the network via RJ45 and my PC can ping all my machines, is it possible via software to remove this device from the chain and have this information pass to my PC directly from the PLC? Cheers Nos

You should be able to connect to the PLC via an OPC Server and from there a client application can get the data and log it. KEPServerEX has a plug-in that is an internal client and can log data. it is called data logger. http://www.kepware.com/Products/OPC_Data_Logger.asp