Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bis

Barcode reader recommendation

14 posts in this topic

Hi people, i'm looking for a barcode reader to connect to PLC but need control the trigger of the barcode reader. i watched in web some Scanners but i'd like one with fisical input that can be used like i said Do you can recommend me scanners with that features?? Thanks and i hope somebody can help me

I have had good results with ifm's Multicode readers. They are capable of processing data over Ethernet or RS232, and can be externally triggered (like with a PLC output or a sensor)

thanks Jordan it has good features. Have you made applications using the Ethernet comm?, because i don't imagine how to read barcodes bye ethernet.........probably with a message instruction in PLC?

ifm supplies an Add-on Instruction for use with a Logix (RSL5000) processor.

Woooooow, is an excellent divice thank you for your help Jordan

Wow! So many nice sharings here. And I have ever used barcode readers you mentioned above. As for myself, I used to read barcode with the help of another barcode reader SDK. It is just one of many but I do appreciate its simple way of processing. Even though I only tried its free trial package to read barcodes and didn?t check the cost and licensing conditions, it worked great for me. It is a high-quality & mature.NET barcode reading library, allowing developers to detect, read linear, postal and 2D barcode images. Integrating .NET Barcode Reader into your .NET project, all the .NET users such as C#, VB.NET developers can easily embed barcode reading functionality to your ASP.NET websites, .NET Windows applications, and .NET Web services. Yiigo also provides .NET Barcode Generator for .NET barcode solutions. Share with you. And I hope you success. Good luck. Best regards, Arron

hey, what am i using now is thebarcode reader for net.which supports many different kinds of barcodes such as qr code,data matrix,pdf 417 etc. as for scanner,I use their usb barcode scanner, except this ,there are also otherbarcode scanners you may have a look.

what types of barcodes are you using. thisbarcode reader in c# can read almost all barcodes in just a second and working well for me for years. you can give a try. i am especially enjoying itQR code reading, which scan quickly in real-time.

We recently switched to using Cognex. You pretty much have to weld a plate of steel over the barcode to get them to fail. :)

I kow a place where you can find various barcode readers. Last time I found mybarcode reader there. It was told by one of my good friends. He is an barcode expert. Share it with you.

hey,glad to see so many good recommendation here,but i wanna know where can i find a barcode reader app for smartphone except the barcode reader recommendation which seems can not be used ?

The Cognex Dataman is a great reader, comes with the Bradley AOP and programme examples... I used one on a project and it takes literally minutes to configure and read back data from

I've grown to be a huge fan of the new Keyence barcode readers that have been coming out. They're much less expensive than the Cognex datamans, and seem more robustly built. Check out the Keyence SR-650 series, has ethernet and RS232 on board. Only potential drawback on this series is it is a fixed focal scanner.

I don't know which programming language are you using, so, if you are not developer using vb, you can convert these sample barcode reading codes into your target language, which belongs to a .net barcode reading sdk library to decode and read 1d and 2d barcodes on any file. including image and document files.