Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeb

QJ71E71 +GOT16

6 posts in this topic

I have a project which involves connecting a Q02/QJ71E71 & GT16. I have installed the Ethernet card on the plc and have set it up so that I can connect and program from GX Dev. I'm using GT designer 3 for the HMI, but i'm unsure of the way forward. I've tried working through the GOT connection manual and the GT designer manuals to work out the settings but no luck. I've downloaded my project to the GOT using the USB port, and i'm getting error codes 315,309 & 424 on the alarm banner. I was wondering if anyone has an 'idiots guide' to setting up the connection as i'm running late on the project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanksin advance. Mikeb

Hello, If you are trying to connect using usb you should only have to select that on the communication configuration screen. (Screen shot attached) If that isn't working, check to be sure the USB driver is properly installed. Hope this helps, Dave

Hi Thanks for replying. Maybe I didn't explain my problem very well. the USB connection is fine for the first download. I have downloaded a project & the comms settings to the HMI, but I now need to set up the Ethernet between the PLC and the HMI, which is where my problem is. The error codes relate to the Ethernet comms between the HMI and PLC (I think). Thanks Mikeb

The connection manual shows you every single setting to make in the PLC side and the GOT side to make that connection work.

Cannot connect Q06HCPU-QJ71E71-100 & GT16 (Standart I/F Ethernet: Multi). I Did everything as explained in manual but NO connection. No errors. Ping works! Port 5001. Maybe reason is - I can't open UDP Melsoft connection on QJ71E71-100 ?? Tq

Edited by eziccc

Solved. i connected through SWITCH. No direct connection, maybe cross-cable can help...