Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KidPLC

Embedded Variables CCW Micro 810

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to embed a variable in a string to display on an LCD Micro810 display. The syntax for displaying text is to simply start and end the text in single quotes for example if I want to display KidPLC then I would simply type the following 'KidPLC' and insert that in the appropriate postion in an LCD instruction and hey presto when the LCD is enabled the text appears on the LCD display. Similarly when you want to display a variable you insert the variable directly into the LCD instructiom without the single quotes and it will display e.g MyVariable will dispaly the contents of the variable. On a single line I would like to have something like Count = 100 where the 100 is an actual tag in the controller, one might think the syntax might be as follows 'Count =' MyCountVariable but one would be wrong that syntax does not work at all and I cannot find any help to point me in the right direction or any info that indicates it is even possible. Does anyone have any ideas?? I am finding the Micro810 a neat little unit but the help is falling short of helpful. Any input would be appreciated Cheers Edited by KidPLC

Figured it out, you use the Replace instruction. Firstly save your variable to a string using the Any_String instruction then insert it at the appropriate character position using the Replace instruction.

Hey everyone; Thanks KidPLC, this is very helpful. It's is a long time after your post, but I am just now looking at a Micrologix 810 and LCD combination, and this is the only post I could find pertaining to that model. I'm trying to find out more on the LCD and what it can do. The on-screen menu lists the ability to modify variables, but the manual states "This feature is not yet implemented…" So does anyone know if and when it will be, or if perhaps it has been by now? The LCD is pretty useless without this functionality, and it is in the menu, so one would think it would eventually "be implemented"… Any Allen Bradley moderators or power users here know the skinny on this one? Thanks, Speakerman.