Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Turkey Slayer

Sequencer - Control File Operand sizes do not match

2 posts in this topic

I"m converting a SLC 150 program to Micrologix 1400, and there are a number of SQO instructions in the program. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on how sequencers work, but I'm running into a problem when I try to validate my logic. I'm using addresses I've set up in R6 to be the control files for each SQO instruction. Specifically I'm using R6:0-5 for my six sequences. All of them have a varying number of steps. The problem I'm having is when I go to validate I get the "ERROR: Operand sizes do not match" message on every rung where I Have an SQO. I'm not sure where I went wrong. I looked at a video online and it seemed pretty self explanatory. He used R6:0 as the control file for his one sequencer and had no problems running the logic, so I'm not sure why I'm getting an error message. I've attached the program file. Keep in mind it's a work in progress.

Never mind, I found the issue. My mask values weren't right. One of the masks I wanted was 0000 0000 1000 1111, so I typed that into the mask field and got that weird alphanumeric interpretation. When I changed the mask to 008Fh, it validated.