Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

communication with CP1E PLC

7 posts in this topic

HI I have tried few times to go on line with SYSMAC CP1E PLC (usb termina). I have followed the manual , usb driver successfully installed but Communication with plc just keep failing. I have uninstall and install usb driver a few time but no luck with communication .I am running win xp with sp1. Any advice Thanks a lot.

What message are you getting? I find USB bullet proof so far.

Weird - works for me like a dream. Can only suggest the PLC USB driver is not installed correctly. Have not run XP since Vista came out so out of touch with XP.

hi I have installed usb driver correctly based on OMRON instruction on two laptops and results are the same with the message:FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE PLC. Is it possible that usb cable is bad and how to verify it. Thank you.

Take a look in the Windows Device Manager, and see if you see any unknown devices. This should help determine if the USB driver is correctly installed.

HiI have already done as documented in Omron manual instruction and it is there and no question mark and no unknown devices.It is very strange that can not communicate with processor . What type of cable do you have ,mine is the one that commercially available in market (type B) . Thanks again