Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almendoza

Series Six Annotations

8 posts in this topic

Hi All.... trying to get the annotations to come up on our workmaster it worked fine on our old PC but it died so we moved the data to a Win 95 based machine ... 1) Do we have to boot up in DOS for it to work properly.. 2) The F7 key no longer says Display All when we boot the machine up and load the program ... 3) Do I have to enable windowing in the machine setup ? Any help is appreciated Albert

The annotation files (.NAM and .EXP) need to be present in the same directory as the .LAD file. It may be necessary that they all be in C:\LM6. When you go from the Logicmaster 6 main menu screen to display the program, you need to have the program name entered in the proper field. You type the name into the work area (the upper of three fields in the lower right hand corner of the screen) and then hit <CTRL-E>. It's not enough to just load the program into RAM from the "L/S/V" menu.

Thanks Steve... the files are present I will check our loading procedure again ... the Function key F7 is not enabled not even there when we load up it worked fine on our old workmaster pc ...it was DOS Based the new one is Win 95 and we are going into a Dos shell from the desktop using an Icon could this be our problem ? I would not think so ...thanks for your help I was away on vacation sorry for the late response... Albert

Under Windows 95, try doing a "Restart in DOS" rather than a DOS shell from an icon. As Microsoft operating systems evolved over the years I don't recall having any problems under Windows 95. Windows 98 on a 486 processor had problems. After that I pretty much limited myself to running Logicmaster 6 on a DOS computer with a 386 processor and a parallel WSI card (a Workmaster II). I have successfully run Logicmaster 6 under Windows XP Pro on a Dell Latitude laptop in a DOS box.

Thanks I will try that ... won't have time this week ...wil get to it on Monday or Tuesday when I return to work ...will get back to you ... Albert

Really? We no longer have many S6's, but near the end we tried to get LM6 up and running on XP. It would boot..., but that was about it. Do you still have your setup? Were you using ANSI.COM? (rather than ANSI.SYS) Thanks, John

Yes, I had a Dell Latitude D510 laptop running Windows XP Pro communicating via the COM1 port through a CCM module in the Series Six CPU rack. I'm sure I could duplicate it if necessary. I run LM6 in DOSBox v0.74. In uses ANSI.sys I set it up that way to help a colleague work out how to communicate. It's not how I usually connect to a Series Six. I still have a Workmaster II computer with a parallel WSI card. If I have to deal with a Series Six I know I can communicate through the parallel port on the IO Control module. Even if there is a CCM card installed I don't have to contend with matching my Logicmaster settings with the dipswitch settings on it.

we have one series six left, it's on a mold setter I think. Probably not going to need to work on it anytime soon, but it's good to know that it can be done. thanks!