Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asteroide

HMI Description

3 posts in this topic

Hi Friends I am begginer in GE Fanuc. Can you explain a lit be the difference between Proficy, Cimplicity and Versamax? I think they are hmi software, but wich is the difference? Can you tell me a model to program with each software. Also, which is the software to program GEFanuc PLC Thanks a lot

VersaMax is obsolete programming software for GE Fanuc PLCs. It can't be used to program the current models Rx3i or Rx71. Proficy Machine Edition is the current offering for programming both PLCs and HMIs. It is compatible with the older 90-30, 90-70, and VersaMax PLCs as well as the Rx3i and Rx71 models. The HMI portion of Proficy Machine Edition is limited to 8000 tags. Cimplicity is the higher end SCADA software with no limit on the tag count.. GE and Fanuc dissolved their joint venture several years ago.

I hope this does not confuse anyone, but to add to this: VersaMax is a hardware family of PLCs, that includes many types of remote I/O and Micro PLCs. VersaPro is an old family of PLC programming software which was used for 90-30, 90-70 and VersaMax. It runs on Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000 and XP. Proficy as stated, is the modern version of GE-IP's development software for PLC, PAC, QuickPanel View CE and QPView PC HMI systems. (There is no Tag limit to the QuickPanel View PC product but it is sold by the Tag count.) Cimplicity is an old name for what is now Proficy, along with Steve's definition above. Edited by RussB