Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmoore73

LM90 Windows 7

2 posts in this topic

Our Field support Technicians are receiving new laptop computers. They are all Windows 7 64 bit laptops. We have a bit of a dilemma.... We have changed to Siemens PLC's... so, the 90-30 PLC's are becoming few and far between. Our old laptops (Windows XP) had LM90 instaled on them and it worked out quite well... but not so much on the new ones... My question is.... Is there a version of LM90 that will work natively in 64 bit Windows 7, or will these all have to be upgraded to Proficy? There are about 40 laptops total... We do not want to set all of them up with a dual boot system and compatibility mode will not work (16bit vs. 64 bit)

LM90 will not run directly on Windows 7 64 bit. I do run it in a XP Mode virtual machine on mine though. https://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx There are other software Virtual machines available but this one comes with a free Windows XP license, the others do not. You would have been money ahead to have stayed with the GE IP PLC/PAC line and Proficy ME though. Edited by RussB