Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kellogg

Fanuc S420iF RJ2

2 posts in this topic

We just purchased a Fanuc S420iF RJ2 robot and are looking for information on how to program the robot in addition to a users manual. We purchased this robot with the intent of self teaching us the basics of it functions and capabilities. Any help would be great.

Fanuc Robotics has a web site for user literature access; https://crc.frc.com/login.aspx. I am not familiar with the S420iF arm. Which controller does it have? Most Fanuc arms I have programmed have R-30iA controllers. This may be an obsolete arm, in that case you could refer to a similar arm and download the PDFs for that (login, Support/Downloads, eDocumentation, Agree, Software Manuals, pick the controller version, etc.). Your company want want to consider sending someone to Detroit for a week of beginner training. Fanuc arms are best programmed, in my opinion, with the teach pendant in your hand. Download the electrical manuals for powering up the arm and connecting safety interlocks, power up the arm, get the teach pendant and get a feel for moving the arm. Then you are ready for writing a simple program. I have sample programs I can provide you.