Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beryl

Connecting to CS/CJ PLC's Via ENet

3 posts in this topic

How do you connect to a CS/CJ PLC via ENet with out using an IP table or Fins? Currently we have to enter all of our desktop IP addresses into each PLC's IP address table. This is causing problems due to our IS department wanting to us non-static IP's as well as other issues. We have the ENet cards setup for mixed but I can't connect unless the IP is in the table. I am assuming I have to use fins but, I don't want too. I like being able to connect direct without it. Any advice is welcome. Thanks,

I have not tried to connect without a static IP address, I always find it funny when an IT guy says no we want them to be all dynamic, we cant' have fixed IP addresses.... - Bollocks... Translation the five min it takes to set up is just to difficult and i have to get back to Doom 3.... Anyways... whether or not the CJ ethernet card can support dynamic IP is determined by the card...It needs to be an CJ1W-ETN21. This card supports DNS, which i believe stands for Dynamic Name Server. As said i have never used it.... Also you said why ? When running CX-programmer i simply put in the IP address of the PLC and connect, the PLC doesn't need to know where i am coming from as long as the first 3 parts of the IP address match those of the PLC and the associated mask eg 255.255.255.0 . I thnik i am right in saying that. The only reason i think that you have to put the PC IP addresses in the PLC is when the PLC is acting as a gateway...is it ?

Have Shane Brown fill you in on FINS vs. Ethernet.